Monday, January 28, 2013

The Power of Power


Ah the mystery. I spent a lifetime struggling, in imagination, against my creation as well as against the big creation. I existed in the realm of power and perceived it as the only game in town. I tried to take power from those around me and I gave away my power to those I placed above me. I languished and was excited, I submitted and exercised.  In doing so I struggled, complained, manipulated and cried out for more power in order the break the power that I had given to others to rule over me.

The power of us and them, nationalism, religion, consumerism, sex, hierarchy, wow, it’s pretty amazing to look in on. I may have been rescued, or just chose to step away, but not a day goes by that I’m not somehow drawn in to participate. I’m not really sure how to explain it. It’s all around; actually it’s contained within us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment